Testing methods & recommendations
FEFCO developed a set of testing methods and recommendations to support its members and to create a common basis for communication between corrugated manufacturers and their customers.
FEFCO classification for quality grades of converted corrugated board is available in three languages (FR, DE, EN).
FEFCO Testing methods
FEFCO testing methods are developed by the industry and follow internationally recognized principles.
List of testing methods for corrugated board:
List of testing methods for corrugated packaging:
The FEFCO Recommendations are supplementary to the internationally recognised FEFCO Testing methods. The list of recommendations contains:
- Number 101: Procedure for determining the internal dimensions of the flap type or one piece corrugated board cases.
- Number 102: Determination of the take-up factor of the fluting paper.
- Number 104: Procedure for the determination of the angle of slip for corrugated board.
- Number 105: Guidelines for the introduction and use of the SI System in the corrugated board industry.
- Number 107: Calculation of the critical difference between measurements from repeatability and from reproducibility along ISO 5725.
- Number 110: Determination of the wrap factor of corrugated board articles